Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Logo Project





Visual Message
With the design of my logo, I intend to convey a sense of fun, yet boldness. It is not a serious, thought provoking logo. However, it does catch your eye and make you look at it. When it is accompanied by my wordmark, it makes it stand out even more. It looks like one, cohesive logo when it appears with the logo. The reason I chose this logo is because I grew up playing basketball, and it helped define who I am today. It also allowed me to incorporate my initials- S.S.- into the logo.

Audience
The audience for my logo is anyone I intend to do business with in the future. This would include future employers, especially magazines, or anyone I may have to contact.

Design Strategy
My logo is meant to look like a basketball, with my initials, the double-S, being the lines in the ball. This conveys a fun, yet bold design that stands it. The way in which it is slanted gives it that more fun look. The bold lines help it to stand out, helping it be a dominate image. I chose to use my wordmark again for my logo because I thought that the curves in the letters worked well with the design. I chose to ghost my logo on the stationary and envelope to help break up the white space on the page, yet it still works because words can go over it on the stationary. I used a larger, more dominate logo on the back of my business card because this also helps the card stand out more. It may fit in a Rolodex, but it doesn’t belong in a Rolodex.

Style Sheet
Stationary Name:
First Name- ITC Tiffany Std, 16/19.2, metrics kerning, tracking 0
Last Name- ITC Tiffany Std, 21/25.2, metrics kerning, tracking 0
Stationary Address/Email: Franklin Gothic Medium, 10/12, metrics kerning
Business Card Name:
First- ITC Tiffany Std, 26/31.2, metrics kerning, tracking 0
Last- ITC Tiffany Std, 36/43.2, metrics kerning, tracking 0
Business Card Contact: Franklin Gothic Medium, 8/9.6, metrics kerning
Envelope Name:
First: ITC Tiffany Std, 12/14.4, metrics kerning
Last: ITC Tiffany Std, 18/21.6, metrics kerning
Envelope Contact: Franklin Gothic Medium, 9/10.8, metrics kerning

No comments:

Post a Comment