Friday, October 16, 2009

Google Schmoogle


I will admit, I tend to favor my search engines. I never go on Yahoo but Google is my best friend. Why? I've always wondered my subconscious motivation behind spoiling Google with my searches and leaving Yahoo and other websites empty. Well, the brains behind Google obviously valued aesthetics and their attention to detail is especially seen in the Google Logo that pops up every single day when I open my homepage.

If you haven't noticed, the logo changes everyday. Yes! Believe it or not, somebody is sitting behind a computer, punching in codes to make sure that viewers like you and me are granted the possibility of being charmed by their clever logos.

Let's take a look:

This one may be one of my favorite google logos. It reminds me of the children's book and also PBS show Madeline (I think).

Google's homage to King Arthur and Lancelot. Google's logo has the potential of being absolutely anything, and this one tells a story as well. They masterfully placed the dragon above the O, drawing my attention back to the logo.

What does this remind you of? I'm getting flashbacks to the late '80s, early '90s with the chains, plaids, Doc Martens and Scary Spice (Union Jack) during her Spice Girl reign.

I haven't seen this one in awhile, it's very healthy-friendly and my mouth waters seeing all the different fruits spell out Google.


The probability of me affecting Google's visitors' stats is probably zero to none. However, the execution of design from a company speaks volume of their dedication and meticulousness. Google's got my vote.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the design team at google is SO creative. I loved the one they did about a month or so ago that looked like a giant barcode, but read "google" at the bottom in small letters

    ReplyDelete