Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Logo Project








Visual Message: I really like turtles because they are sort of like underdogs of animals and I’m always a friend to the underdogs in school/society. I like that they are plain and simple. I feel that they have a lot of determination and always persevere even though they may be slow. Perseverance and determination are two qualities I have; I will do things the long way to get it perfect even if it takes me extra time. Turtles also have a hard shell but inside they’re soft. I think that represents my personality. People say that I have a tough exterior but I’m not like that inside.

Audience: I created this logo and stationery set for personal use. I would use this for friends and family. I would also use it if I had an unconventional business or an organization for kids.

Design Strategy: My logo and layout is clean and simple.

Someday I would like to participate or start a program for underprivileged children especially those that grow up in fatherless homes. I grew up in this kind of environment, which may explain how my tough exterior came to be. I think a turtle would speak to those children as they may hide out in their “shell” a lot while growing up in an unstable home and also develop a tough shell for the outside world. Turtles also represent how these children feel that their environment slows them down and feel behind their peers but I made this turtle on a little tilt to indicate movement. This, and italicized text would encourage these kids to keep going despite what they were born into.

I used Flora Std and Futura because they were more personal and youthful. I used Flora Std because it also communicated swiftness. This contrasts the concept of a slow turtle.

Style Sheet:
Stationery Name: ITC Flora Std Medium, 22/26.4, Metrics Kerning, tracking 0
Stationery Address & Email: Futura Medium, 10/ 12, Metrics Kerning, tracking 0
Business Card Name: ITC Flora Std Medium, 13/15.6, Metrics Kerning, tracking 0
Business Card Contact Information: Futura Medium, 5/6, Metrics Kerning, tracking 0


Extra: I used green because my family and friends know that my favorite color is green and that I like turtles. Green is also a peaceful and calming color, which is what I would hope to communicate if this were for an organization.


And just for fun:


6 comments:

  1. I love this... you can tell you put alot of time into it. your use of color is exalent. I love the extra guy at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of lines and consistency of colors throughout your logo system ups the professional level. I love that the turtle is abstract and allows the viewer to piece it together. The entire flap of the envelope back with the turtle set on the green is unique. I also believe your colors will make you stand out and attract your target audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this logo is really good. It's a fun logo to look at. I like the balance of the business card. I also like the use of just the shell on the back of the envelope. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your stationery set! I think your design is very simple and professional because of your consistent use of colors, your logo, and the lined pattern. Your stationery set is also playful. It also has that "cute" factor that will appeal to friends, family, and children (your target audience), without seeming childish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your logo is adorable! I love how you used different shades of green. It created a nice balance throughout all your stationary system. It would definitely appeal to organizations that are for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exceptionally cute and you did a great job with the pen tool. The intricate and abstract design in your logo really showed the amount of time you spent creating your turtles. And I especially love your little addition at the end...if only companies could appreciate the create output you possess!

    ReplyDelete