Thursday, October 22, 2009

christine bae: my amazingggg logo slash stationery






Christine Bae

project: Logo System

10/22/09

visual message:

Through the design of my logo and stationery system, I intend to convey a simple and personalized logo that could be used casually and for everyday use. I wanted to make sure that my logo was simple without being boring as well as easily remembered by my audience, allowing them to be able to recognize it as mine. I then wanted my stationery to support my simple logo and keep the attention from going anywhere else but my logo.

The tone of my logo is fun and simple, yet bold and authoritative. You cannot miss the logo and its powerful presence. The qualities of the logo such as its use of white space, squares, rectangles, and one color use contribute greatly to its simplicity. It allows for me to use bolder lines and have the logo thicker, without making it too overwhelming. The overall impression I want to make is that my work is simple, yet has a flair and powerful impact.

audience:

The audience is my friends, family, and close business associates. I would not use this for business associates I do not have close relations with.

design strategy:

My design allows me to surely make a statement and be noticed, without overwhelming my audience. It also allows my audience to feel comfortable and recognize that the logo/stationery that they are seeing is a friend's because of the personalization the logo has. The imperfect lines and shapes of the design have a hand-drawn look that automatically gives a more informal tone to it. I chose to use a simple font that is clear because it goes with the overall simplicity. At the same time, because my logo itself is decorative, I need a simple font to keep the overall image balanced. I decided to change my design slightly among the projects' three parts because I did not want it to be repetitive and boring. I kept the business card and the letter head relatively the same. I bled the business card to keep it from being too boring and full of white space; and for the stationery letter, I wanted to keep the logo in its original form and keep designs minimal to look the most formal out of all the projects. I also decided to ghost the logo on the envelope to keep it from attracting too much attention yet still visible enough for the receiver to identify who the letter is from.

style sheet:

Stationery name-Bodoni Svty Two ITC TT Bold 12/13.2

Address&email&phone number- Bodoni Svty Two ITC TT Book 11/13.2

Business card name: Bodoni Svty Two OS ITC TT Bold 12/14.4

Business card address: Bodoni Svty Two OS ITC TT Book 11/12

Business card phone number & email: Bodoni Svty Two OS ITC TT Book 11/12

Envelope back name: Bodoni Svty Two ITC TT Bold 13/17

Envelope back address: Bodoni Svty Two ITC TT Book 13/17

Extras:

The only colors I chose were black, shades of gray, and one other color, red. I primarily used the grays to have more depth and variety. It’s also too boring to simply alternate between red and black. The grays make the overall appearance a lot more interesting.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea behind your icon. The bow and squares make it look almost like a present, which I'm not sure if you were going for that but it's kind of a good subtle idea. I especially like the line on the stationary to draw your eyes down and the fact that you decided to change up the envelope standards and put you return info on the back flap.

    ReplyDelete