Thursday, October 22, 2009

Logo Project




YooJung Hong

Project: Logo System

Visual message: Through the design of my logo and stationary system, I intended to convey elegance, vivacity, elation, and simplicity. I wanted to give an impression of a flower that is in the process of blossoming and growing, symbolizing my life and career. The effervescent colors add personality to the overall design; it sets up a lively and joyful tone. Furthermore, the stem’s design adds a characteristic of elegance. Every layout of the stationery system conveys simplicity and consistency. The two rectangles/lines create border and allows the audience to focus on the logo.

Audience: I do not have a specific target audience; it was designed for various purposes. It can be used during my career as a PR person or it can be used to simply keep in touch with family members and friends.

Design strategy: Due to its vibrant colors, the logo naturally draws the audience’s attention. The audience initially sees just the dominant image—a flower. However, as people get a second look at my logo, they would be able to see my initials (y, j, and h) that form the stem of a flower. Since the initials in my logo are fancy, I chose a sans serif typeface (Gill Sans MT) to complement each other well. ­Therefore, while my logo is fancy, my name and contact information are very clear and easy to read. In addition, I used contrast in my logo; every other petal is filled with color, while the others are not. Thus, it creates a nice balance of pink and white space. The transparent lines in my letterhead and the borders around my envelope and business card create boundary, and they are of different stroke sizes to create balance and hierarchy. 

Style sheet:

Stationery name and contact information: Gill Sans MT Regular 9/10.8

Business card name: Gill Sans MT Regular 9/18

Business card contact information:  Gill Sans MT Regular 8/9.6

Envelope name and contact information: Gill Sans MT Regular 9/10.8­

Use of color: I used bright colors, such as hot pink and violet to convey my personality. The colors pink and violet complement each other well, and they catch the audience’s attention due to their vibrant colors. In addition, I used gray in the line, the border, and my contact information to balance out the bright colors. Furthermore, my name is always in purple so that it would stand out. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the colors that you used - it makes the logo and stationery system pop out! I also like that there is a story behind the flower: that it shows it is blossoming just as how your life and career is!

    ReplyDelete