Thursday, October 22, 2009






Jillian Duff

Logo System

10/20/09

Visual Message

Through my logo and stationary system I visually intend to convey my professionalism and diversity of ideas and creativity. I hope to demonstrate a focused, clean, clear and sharp image of myself. My logo shows my attention to detail and intricate way of thinking. It portrays how I am a self-directed individual who can pull my own weight. It signifies how I am motivated, responsible and independent. Also, it conveys how I am always ready for a new challenge, determined to reach my goals and how my creativity can come from all directions.

Audience

This is designed for creative copywriter internships at Eric Mower & Associates and also Syracuse.com or possibly Designworks. Therefore, it’s creative, yet professional.

Design Strategy

My message is woven into my design. Initially, my logo makes a unique statement for a copywriter as it is a compass. However, it shows boldness and has an adventurous, yet mature aura. Furthermore, it carries meaning in my background as a transfer student going from the West to East coast and my love for traveling and going after what I want to accomplish. The font I used for my name (Trajan Pro) has the “old-school” adventure/safari excitement feel to it with the all caps and serifs. It reminded me of an Indian Jones movie title. The Book Antiqua font is easy to read and continues the old time adventure feel with its serifs. My design varies on the back of the business card, as it is white with a purple background. I did this to alter the design and bring the card to a new dimension of creativity. The logo is also ghosted on the stationary and I used only part of it on the envelope front as to not crowd it too much.

Style Sheet

STATIONARY & ENVELOPE NAME: Trajan Pro bold, 12/14.4, metrics kerning

STATIONARY ADDRESS LINE 1: Book Antiqua regular, 9/13, metrics kerning

STATIONARY ADDRESS LINE 2 & NUMBER: Book Antiqua regular, 9/10, metrics kerning

STATIONARY EMAIL: Book Antiqua bold, 9/10.8, metrics kerning

ENVELOPE ADDRESS LINE 1: Book Antiqua regular, 9.5/13, metrics kerning

ENVELOPE ADDRESS LINE 2: Book Antiqua regular. 9.5 /10, metrics kerning

BUSINESS CARD NAME: Trajan Pro bold, 18/21.6, metrics kerning

BUSINESS CARD CONTACT INFO: Book Antiqua regular, 8/9.6, metrics kerning

BUSINESS CARD PERIODS OF NUMBER: Book Antiqua regular, 8/9.6, metrics kerning, tracking 150

Sources and Influences

I used google images to find a compass source image at: http://pages.prodigy.net/pizzabagel/_images/CR_Compass_Hydrographic.gif

Extras

I choose the dark purple with the salmon pink in order to have a warm and cool combination of colors. The darkness of the purple adds boldness and shows my femininity. With the pink I hope to display how am I am comfortable and easy to communicate and work with. Also, how I have an accepting personality. Moreover, Latorra, Paul & McCann has a deep purple in its bulldog logo, which I view as a professional and reputable agency.


3 comments:

  1. I like what you did... ur compass reminds me of a nautical star (the 3Dish star that tons of people get tattoos of) which i like, it make your whole project stand out and gives it depth. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this logo stands out very nicely. It's very business like. Also, you manage to give a sense of balance in all parts of its use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your logo definitely portrays your visual message. It's very clean, detailed, and professional. And like Scott said, it's very business-like, so I think it will serve you well in the future. It's interesting how you designed the front cover of your envelope: it's consistent because it uses the same logo, but it's shown in a different way, and it works.

    ReplyDelete