Thursday, September 24, 2009

Susan Kim Resume

Visual Message

The design of my resumé is simple and organized. Because I will bring a new – possibly younger – perspective to the agency I will be working at, I wanted to convey my fresh and youthful personality without seeming too immature. The information I present is straight to the point, but still detailed enough to highlight my strengths, so that it does not bombard the audience with overwhelming details. My wordmark, which is creative without being overpowering, complements the clean design of my resumé.

Audience

This resumé would be sent to employers at a public relations agency.

Design Strategy

In order to convey a sense of youthfulness and freshness, I chose to use the font Antique Oliver Std for my wordmark. The roundness of the font makes it appear modern and young, but it does not overplay the youth factor so much that it appears immature or childish. The alternating colors and the line that extends from the letter ‘m’ in my wordmark act as creative elements, while the latter also unifies all the different sections of my resumé. The body is written in the font ITC Souvenir Std, which is clean and formal, but still has a little creative and youthful touch, evident in the roundness of the letters. The colors of the dates are in a darker shade of gray so that they will not take away from the more important parts of my resumé.

Style Sheet

Wordmark: Antique Olive Std (Light), 72/86.4, optical kerning, tracking 0

Section Headers: ITC Souvenir Std (Medium Italic), 10/12, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Body Text: ITC Souvenir Std (Light), 9.5/11.4, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Workplace (Experience): ITC Souvenir Std (Medium), 9.5/18, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Dates (Experience): ITC Souvenir Std (Light), 9.5/11.4, metrics kerning, tracking 0, tint 70%

Position (Experience): ITC Souvenir Std (Light Italic), 9.5/11.4, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Body Text of Skills and Activities & Honors: ITC Souvenir Std (Light), 9.5/13, metrics kerning, tracking 0

University (Education): ITC Souvenir Std (Medium), 9.5/26, metrics kerning, tracking 0

School (Education): ITC Souvenir Std (Light Italic), 9.5/26, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Contact Information: ITC Souvenir Std (Light Italic), 9.5/12, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Document Grid

Top Margin: 5p9

Bottom Margin: 6p2

Left Body Margin: 6p3

Right Body Margin: 5p11


5 comments:

  1. I think your wordmark is adorable! I love how the letter m stretches out. It creates a border and also adds personality to your resume. It flows well, and the typeface you chose for your wordmark is very clear and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with with what YooJung said; your woodmark is very adorable, and also eye-catching! Although the typeface used for the woodmark is simple, I like how you added contrast with the alternating colors (the gray and the black) with the letters. The 'M' that flows down by the side is not only creative but also gives the resume a balanced look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE WORD MARK. i tried adding a little somthing somthing to mine... it just didnt work out. but you it worked out great. i also love your resume set up. i like how you used your white space and used gray to accent certain things

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you put the line from your wordmark down the right side. On the left side, the alignment of the text creates a straight line, and adding another line on the right side makes the resume look like a clean box. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly enjoy your use of graying and black boldness. But my favorite item of this resume is the extended line from the m carrying down to the really important stuff (your contact info!) It's hard to tell on blogger, but did you line up the beginning of Susan with the beginning of your contact info at the bottom? If not, how did you decide where to place them?

    ReplyDelete