Thursday, September 24, 2009

Resume Project

Visual message: Through the design of my résumé, I wanted to convey and communicate simplicity and professionalism. Thus, I wanted to show contrast, balance, and consistency in my design. Thus, the wordmark consists of black and gray, capital and lower-case, and different sized letters. To show consistency, the headings and the line are gray, while the body is black to match the colors displayed on the wordmark.

Audience: This résumé would be sent to Public Relations firms or to designer brand companies that have a Public Relations department.

Design Strategy: I intended to convey professionalism to the PR firms. The wordmark is located on the upper left so that it would be the first thing the employers will see; it makes an initial impression that is very clear-cut, simple, and sophisticated. Although the design might seem boring at first glance, the typefaces add personality to my résumé. I chose Italian Old Style MT Std (serif) for my wordmark to evoke elegance and buoyancy and Futura Std (sans serif) for my body part of the résumé to portray simplicity and clarity. Thus, the typefaces of serif and sans serif create contrast and balance simultaneously.

Style Sheet

Wordmark Y,G: Italian Old Style MT Std Bold 85/102

Wordmark oo: Italian Old Style MT Std Bold 40/48, kerning -25

Wordmark ooJun: Italian Old Style MT Std Bold 40/48

Wordmark HonG: Italian Old Style MT Std Bold 35/42, 65%

Line: 0.5pt, 41p1.666, 50%

Address, number, and e-mail: Futura Std Book 8/9.6

Section Headers: Italian Old Style MT Std Bold 15/18 (Small caps), 65%

Body text: 

Futura Std Bold 11/13.2             

Futura Std Book 11/13.2

Futura Std Book 10/12            

Futura Std Bold 10/12

Tab: 1p5

Document grid

Top margin: 6p9

Bottom margin: 9p5

Left body margin: 4p0

Right body margin: 4p3

1 comment:

  1. I really love your wordmark and you used the white space on your resume so effectively! great job.

    ReplyDelete