Thursday, September 24, 2009

Deanne Hoover Resume

Visual Message:

The ideas behind my resume are simplicity and relativity. The bulk of my experience does not pertain to the field I would like to work in. Therefore, I listed the most relevant position first. I also listed the responsibilities that were most important and conveyed leadership qualities. I kept the wordmark simple as to not confuse prospective employers for people tend to have a hard time with my name.

Audience:

Prospective employers that may receive my resume are newspapers looking for writers or editors. If I were to submit my resume to a restaurant then most likely I would omit the editor experience.

Design Strategy:

I intended to make the overall design of my resume easy to read. I listed my first name and job titles in bold in order to catch the reader’s eye. I tried to keep the wordmark simple and added contrast by making the middle initial and last name gray. I chose Antique Olive and Franklin Gothic as my typefaces because I was trying to stay away from any font that was hard to read or had any sort of script to it.

Style sheet:

Wordmark: Antique Olive Std Light, 55/66, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Address and E-mail: Antique Olive Std Light, 9/10.8, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Section Headers: Antique Olive Std Roman, 10/12, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Body Text: Franklin Gothic Std No.2 Roman, 12/14.4, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Franklin Gothic Book Regular, 9/10.8, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Franklin Gothic Book Italic, 9/10.8, metrics kerning, tracking 0

Document grid:

Top and Bottom Margin: 2p5





1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying the "creative simplicity" your resume. Having your first name go down the side coupled with the lighter shade makes the perfect pairing up of text alterations. I think in a graphics class, for example, many of us get caught up in trying to accomplish something completely new, bold or out there when in reality that can make our resumes go overboard. Sometimes in the end all we have to show is a bunch of creative and different resumes to the point that they all look the same! I think many people choose to put the bulk of their experience and other sections off to either the right or left of their page, I truly like your info going down the middle. And with your slight touch of the first name down the side makes the resume complete.

    ReplyDelete