Thursday, September 24, 2009

Resume & Rationale



 Visual Message: I wanted to make my resume very professional looking.  However, I do value creativity and I wanted to put a little of that into my wordmark design. Yet I chose a serif font for the wordmark to still keep it professional. I wanted to show my prospective employers that I value creativity, but I also value conventional hard work as well.

Audience: I am dual majoring in Psychology and Public Relations so I expected my audience to be a corporate company or agency for Public Relations or anything related to social media.

Design Strategy: As I mentioned in my Visual Message, I wanted my wordmark and resume to show that I value creativity as well as professionalism. The “C “and the “H” in my first name mirrors the “O” and the “H” in my last name and I purposely did that for repetition and aesthetics. The round “C” and “O” offsets the squared and structured shapes of the rest of my name and the resume layout. Since my last name is short, it made natural guidelines for the layout of my resume. I chose Kepler and Trajan Pro as my fonts because they are serif fonts and give off a professional look. They are easy to read and convey an affinity to structure, which I like (as opposed to sans serifs that are round/loose and doesn’t communicate the preference for structure). I also greyed out my name to make my initials stand out like a monogram.


Fonts used- Kepler and Trajan Pro.

3 comments:

  1. I like your resume. I think it's simple, but still creative. The font of your wordmark makes it look really sophisticated, and I like the use of a lighter tint in your dates and the lines. The only thing I noticed was that the tab was not lined up for your A-Line Magazine section; but other than that, I really like the overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, the previous comment had a few errors! Anyway, what I really like most about your resume is how you contrasted the colors of your name in your woodmark leaving the initials to stand out like a monogram! That, together with the lines you added, make your resume look very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, I think that making your initials stand out like that really makes it look professional. I also like the line coming from the side of your wordmark. It kind of brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete