Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wrap Up Post

I was initially really worried about this class because I had no previous experience in the graphic design field. I must say that this was a pretty intense course. It was very time-consuming and stressful at times. When deadlines approached, I found myself thinking about concepts and visuals that I could use in my project everywhere I went. It essentially became a big part of my life throughout this semester. Although it was stressful, it was a different kind of stress compared to other classes. I actually really enjoyed learning about the topic itself and the skills (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). I learned so much within the past 4 months. Since I’m a Public Relations major, graphic design skills and knowledge will be extremely helpful in the future, especially in creating posters, newsletters, or annual reports for a company. I’m really glad that this course was a requirement, or else I would have never taken it. After taking this course, I pay so much more attention to typefaces and graphic designs wherever I go, which scares me from time to time.

Overall, I think the process of working on the projects was much more important than the final products in this course. Despite the fact that I was always stressed during the process of completing the project, I realized that the actual process allowed me to learn a lot. Although I am truly happy that there aren’t any more projects, I am definitely going to miss this class! :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment