Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wrap It Up Post

I have to agree with what Ryan said. This was one of those classes that going in, I was dreading. I had no idea what to think when we started learning about this typeface and that typeface. Typography and images never seemed all too special to me. But once we actually got into doing the projects, I realized how fun design could actually be. Although it was a little painstaking and dreadful staying in the lab for hours trying to fix up the tiniest little things to try and perfect the projects, running back and forth from the lab to Hedge's office with something new to fix each time, I actually enjoyed it. This was the first class in a really long time that actually allowed me to be creative, and I'm happy I took it.
Now, when I look at different ads or logos or whatnot, I find my self saying, "Really?" and analyzing it and thinking of all the things they should have done to make it better. Even though I don't know if I'll ever take another graphics course, or ever do anything that deals with graphics, I'm glad i learned the things I've learned in this class. Especially since I plan to go into the magazine world after college, it's definitely a plus to know how to lay out a magazine design. All in all, I'm actually really happy i took this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment