Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wrap Up Post

GRA...what a time consuming, frustrating and yet beneficial class! Yes, it took over my life this semester with the deadlines and trying to figure out how to use InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, but I am pretty sure that I have obtained some really important skills for my field of advertising. Although I want to be a copywriter, I will have the basic knowledge to work with the artists and know what is possible to create in these programs. Furthermore, if I was to work for a smaller agency where one wears many hats, I would be able to complete graphical requirements. Already, I have been able to use it in my current job, helping the graphic designers and pointing out revisions to make. Besides the career-wise benefits, I feel like I am able to critique real-life posters, signs, billboards, etc. Also, typeface choices have become a huge deal to me. Actually being able to see how they interact with a piece, I know will be an asset. It is almost scary though, when I find myself noticing everything, leading, tracking, use of white space, hierarchy, etc. with almost every graphical piece I look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment