Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wrap Up Post

I was really happy that I was able to take this course. Growing up, I always wanted to express myself creatively through photography or graphics or anything. However, my family did not have the money for me to do these things and I didn't have the right connections so I always longed to learn how to use the programs and create stuff. And since I'm on scholarship here I was finally able to develop the skills that I've always wanted by taking this course. For me, the experience was very freeing and exciting. This course really helped me to take the step in the creative direction that I've always wanted to go in.

Here's one thing I learned this semester: Even if you're getting an A in one class, that class can still bring your GPA down. How? It sucks a lot of your time and energy out so you can't concentrate on all of your other classes. Yes, I'm talking to you GRA 217!!! This class was very time consuming and that would be the only negative thing about it. It should be 4 credits. (Like seriously. Biology is 4 credits and that has a lab... just like graphics!)

Besides learning technical skills like using inDesign, I learned how to appreciate graphics and see it in a different way. When I look at an ad or text now, I always look at it from a graphic designer's point of view.

So thank you Hedges for teaching me all of that. It totally sucks that you're leaving SU after Spring semester =( ... who am I gonna take Advanced Graphics with now!??

-Christine Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment