Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ryan Gerhardt: Final Wrap Up Post

For me, the original reason that I took the class was because it was a requirement in Newhouse. If it hadn't been, I'm not so sure I would have chosen it. However, I'm glad it was a requirement. While this class has been a lot of work, a lot of it is pretty fun most of the time. Plus, I think it was good to have developed some skill and familiarity with these programs. I am quite technologically illiterate and was scared of most of the software when we started out. Now that I'm leaving the class though, I feel that I have a decent grasp on how to use most of it even if I'm not as proficient as I probably could be.

Being an advertising major, I'm sure some graphics knowledge and ability will come in handy when I get into some of my upper level courses and out into the real world. Like I said, some of the projects such as the magazine project I found to be fun and may even take another graphics course at some point. (so long as it is graded very leniently). If nothing else, I now know how to make a pretty cool looking resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment