Friday, December 11, 2009

Wrap Up Post

If GRA 217 had not been a requirement, I know I wouldn't have bothered taking it. Graphics never really interested me, and although I did have minor experience in Photoshop, I didn't really care much for it. After taking this class, however, I notice so many things about typefaces and designs. I unintentionally analyze whether that poster works for the event or if that logo accurately represents the company. I never noticed these things before, but now it's a part of my daily routine.

Even though the class required a lot of time commitment outside of lectures and labs, it was never boring. There were times when I was frustrated and unsatisfied, but it always felt rewarding to be finished with a project and to know that I had made it. I learned so much about InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop that I would not have learned otherwise, and I know it can only help me in the future. I'm glad this class gave me a chance to express my creativity and to appreciate design in the way it deserves. I feel like I got a lot out of this class, and I'm definitely satisfied with the experience I gained while doing all these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment